Equities globally have seen a reasonable performance through Thursday’s session, with some hopes that the Fed may be forced to take a slightly more dovish path lending at least a degree of support. The AIM Index reached the bell just over six points higher at 959.11.
- 7Digital +32%
- Poolbeg Pharma +25%
- Morses Club +17%
- Borders & Southern -19%
- Uru Metals -16%
7Digital [LON:7DIG] was the day’s best performer, advancing some 32% although trade was thin and the stock was sitting on a very wide spread at the close. There’s no news out here and against losses over the last year, it seems there’s little to get excited about yet.
Poolbeg Pharma [LON:POLB] tacked on 25% by the bell, following news of successful patent applications in the US. These are seen as important steps in terms of commercialising the company’s novel infectious disease products.
A notable mention for Morses Club [LON:MCL] which sat 17% higher at 4.30pm. That was recovering at least some of yesterday’s losses although the company’s share price remains badly bruised from that trading update earlier in the year.
Borders and Southern [LON:BOR] was the day’s laggard, although losses were limited to a relatively modest 19%. There is however no news here to point towards and the closing spread accounts for as much as two thirds of the downside.
Uru Metals [LON:URU] also failed to impress, down some 16% at the close. Again however trade looks to have been exceptionally thin and the spread far eclipses the loss. This is really just price positioning.
- New to investing? Our simple 3 step guide will help you get started
- Want to find out how to invest in Stocks and Shares? Here’s our guide
- UK Resident? See our guide to Stocks and Shares ISAs
- AIM round-up: 7digital, Digitalbox, Argos Resources (13 days ago)
- 7Digital signs new contract with royalty company Utopia (13 days ago)
- AIM round-up: I-Nexus, Newmark Securities, 7Digital (24 May 2022)