London’s AIM index spent the session underwater but did manage to find some support off the back of a moderately upbeat open on Wall Street, reaching the bell almost five points lower at 893.49
- Vast Resources +19%
- Provexis +16%
- Corcel -20%
- Quadrise Fuels -15%
- Clontarf Energy -15%
Vast Resources [LON:VAST] was the day’s biggest riser, adding 19% but there’s no news here and the stock still sits well below May’s highs. Given the healthy selling demand being seen, it’s difficult to read much into these gains.
Provexis [LON:PXS] also fared well, adding 16% by the bell, but order flow was limited and the stock closed on an 11% spread. Volumes may have been elevated but they’re far from atypical, suggesting more transparency might help find a fair price here.
Corcel [LON:CRCL] was the day’s worst performer, off 20% at the close. An operations update published this morning appears to have left investors focusing on the end of negotiations over the Avonmouth site.
Quadrise Fuels [LON:QFI] also struggled, finding itself 15% offside at the bell. However deal flow was limited and the spread accounted for much of the downside.
The market has been comparatively inactive today, but Clontarf Energy [LON:CLON] gets the notable mention, off 15% at the bell. Preliminary results published this morning clearly left little to cheer, but the loss was within the closing spread and notably there was some reasonable buying interest in the stock.
- New to investing? Our simple 3 step guide will help you get started
- Want to find out how to invest in Stocks and Shares? Here’s our guide
- UK Resident? See our guide to Stocks and Shares ISAs
- AIM round-up: Provexis, Clontarf Energy, ITM Power (18 days ago)
- AIM round-up: Clontarf Energy, ECR Minerals, Intercede Group (19 days ago)
- AIM round-up: Bowleven, CIP Merchant, Morses Club (20 days ago)