skip to Main Content
enquiries@thearmchairtrader.com

New Homepage Community General Forum March 2019 Trades

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Matt Vann 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Matt Vann

New month, new thread, new desktop layout for the month following a few weeks of experimentation having switched brokers.

Yesterdays’ USDJPY trade continues to humiliate me by just not stopping, trading at 111.900 as I type, 120 points from my entry, but hey, it was a winner anyway so if I left profits on the table (a hell of a lot of them lol), then there’s always another trade to take.

• This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  Matt Vann.

Graeme Andrew
    Keymaster

No energy crystals or dreamcatcher hanging up I see, Matt…

Bit off-topic, but from the perspective of a beginner trader who provides the best free, demo trading account in your opinion?

Matt Vann

Given the desktop and mobile solution they provide, I would probably say it’s IG.com. Generally not suitable for daytrading in my experience, but for swing trading/longer trades (1 day +) they’re OK as the spreads make it less problematic. However, I only say that (they’re the best) because I like their platform. I’d suggest signing up for a few and test drive the platforms on both mobile and desktop and see which one works best for you.

Matt Vann

Well, we’re back to another week of trading and it’s been a fruitful morning by 0845, which is always nice.

Promising short on EURUSD this morning, taken from support/resistance switch/failure, however you want to view it, with a short from 1.13570 and aiming for what I believed was going to be additional support at 1.13370. There was likely support around 1.1344 which we also ran into, so I took off half at that point and let the rest run to it’s target, which was met a few minutes ago.

Here’s the view on M15 and M5 charts.

Matt Vann

Couple of trades on EURUSD today, one long and a short.

The long first was this morning, I fancied a quick 20-point run from 1.13260 up to 1.13420 – which I didn’t get. Resistance came in at 1.13360 – which I expected, but thought it’d get fought off – and I wasn’t quick enough nor sure enough to liquidate the position and take my +10, so eventually it slid back and I closed it for +1 after a little slippage, see below.

Then I went to the gym, came back and fired up the charts again and took a longer term view, because it was up and down like a whores’ drawers by this point. But, the 15m chart gave me hope in the form of a pattern, and a I rarely trade patterns but in my experience, the longer term the pattern, the more reliable.

So I went short at 1.13310, aiming for 1.13100, near the lows. It took a while, but it panned out just right in the end and I was filled at 1.13090, a point below my limit exit but giving me back the point slippage from this mornings long. So, it’s all good.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  Matt Vann.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Oops! We could not locate your form.

Market insight and analysis, direct to your inbox

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.