skip to Main Content
enquiries@thearmchairtrader.com

New Homepage Community General Forum Short of the Week

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Stuart Fieldhouse 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Stuart Fieldhouse
    Participant

Interserve has to be the short of the week, but if you weren’t short of it already, you missed a massive short side gain this morning as the stock fell out of bed to tune of 58%. If you, like us, were bearish on Carillion and made money there, then the gradual decline in Interserve will have rewarded you if you were following it down in the last six months.

Net short on the stock, as reported to the FCA, is still less than 6%. IIRC net short was double figures on Carillion months before if finally gave up the ghost. Given the week we’re likely to have in front of us politically, this trade will likely end up looking quite tame by the time markets close on Friday.

Buckle up people!

Stuart Fieldhouse
    Participant

I guess the question traders will ask is – “Should I put a short CFD trade on Interserve now?” I think there’s more to come. It’s not going to be as dramatic as Carillion, but Interserve is showing many of the same symptoms. This is definitely one to watch, but there are better pickings over in the retail sector, e.g. M&S, which has many vultures circling it at the moment.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Oops! We could not locate your form.

Market insight and analysis, direct to your inbox

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.