Featuring the Master Portfolio investment team’s favourite picks, each fund is managed by top fund managers in their field. The five portfolios aren’t rigid. You can tailor them by changing the percentage invested in each fund depending on your own preferences.
Master Portfolios are designed to help you get started
- Master Portfolios are designed to help you get started with investing
- There are five example portfolios to suit, depending on your aims and attitude to risk
- The underlying funds are selected by Head of Research, Mark Dampier, and run by the best fund managers in their field
- You can tailor each portfolio by changing the percentage invested in each fund according to your own preferences
How do Master Portfolios work?
Each of the Master Portfolios are designed as a starting point. While each fund is professionally managed, overall responsibility for selecting and managing the portfolio rests with you. Hargreaves Lansdown will send you updates with their latest views on each of the component funds to help you to manage your Master Portfolio.
So, what are the Master Portfolios?
We’ve included a list of the five Portfolios and the objectives behind each one.
- Adventurous: This aggressive portfolio aims to generate a high level of capital growth by focusing on riskier areas like emerging markets and smaller companies.
- Medium Risk: This medium-risk portfolio aims for a reasonable return with less volatility than more aggressive options.
- Conservative: This defensive portfolio aims for modest growth whilst minimising volatility, though it can still fall in value.
- Investing for Children: Children usually have a long investment horizon, so this portfolio focuses on riskier areas with greater growth potential.
- Regular Income: This income portfolio is designed to produce a good level of income with the potential to grow and keep pace with inflation.
Take a look at the Hargreaves Lansdown Master Portfolio widget, select your preferred Portfolio and choose how much to invest. This will give you access to the component funds. You’ll be able to change the weightings of each fund through the widget to suit your investment needs.
About Hargreaves Lansdown
Hargreaves Lansdown is the UK’s number 1 ‘investment supermarket’ for private investors. For more than 30 years, the firm has helped investors save time, tax and money on their investments. They are trusted with more than £58.8 billion by 783,000 clients.
Hargreaves Lansdown is a secure, FTSE 100 company. Based in Bristol, they employ over 950 people and continue to maintain a 100% UK presence.